Legendary 70s DJ over 30 years of experience serving the New York Tri-State Area. Non-stop professionally live mixed music with light show and priceless collection of music spanning decades.
State-of-the-art, that is the only way to describe the custom digital sound system Steven uses for medium to large events. The music originates digitally from a PC based system using a Gateway 400x Laptop computer and PCDJ FX software to control CD quality selections using a remote control, similar to that of a professional dual CD controller. An emagic 2|6 sound card feeds the Rane rotary mixer. One Sure SM-58 wired mic and one Carvin U7000MC wireless Hand-held Mic and Reciever. A Gemini CD system compliments the setup for clients who request CD playback from their collection. An Alesis compressor/limiter with gate keeps things under control. The DOD equalizer adds sparkle and finally the BBE Sonic Maximizer adds the final touches to a broadcast quality mix.
Pure sound travels from the console via balanced stereo connections to two B-52 MATRIX 1000 systems, consisting of four 10” two-way speakers and two active 15” subwoofer. The subwoofer enclosures are equipped with a three channel amplifier and all the electronics required to run the system. The electronic circuitry was fine tuned to match the two-way speakers for the best possible sound.
All of this is complimented by a modest light show. Computerized Intelligent light show also available.
Currently offering a $125.00 discount on parties booked with a credit card using our automated system.
"DJ Mack in NEW YORK" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
- English- German, Standard
Years of Experience: 30
Over 30 years of club and party experience in New York City.
Since the early 70s, Steve Mack has entertained thousands of partygoers at numerous events. Under the tutelage of Slim Hyatt, the master of upscale parties (also known as Americas' first Disco DJ) and Jim Kerr, New York's Legendary veteran DJ of WPLJ FM Classic Rock Morning Host (currently hosting The Jim Kerr Rock n' Roll Morning Show with Shelly Sonstein Weekdays: 5:30am - 9:00am at Q104.3 FM), Steven began his DJ career, perfecting his craft, spinning the likes of Sinatra, Bennett, Stones, Jacksons, Motown, House, etc. Steven often MCs to captivated audiences, with his golden voice, encouraging the otherwise subdued to let their hair down and have great fun on the dance floor. The advantage of a digital sound system means Steven’s entire record library is at his fingertips.
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: Not Defined
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Best Light Show Starting Price: Not Defined
Karaoke Sing-A-Long Starting Price: Not Defined
Liability Insurance Starting Price: Not Defined
Two Party Dancers - Motivate Your Guests Starting Price: Not Defined
Video Projection System Starting Price: Not Defined
All Party Mix/Variety Ballroom Dance Beach/Shag Big Band/Swing Bluegrass Blues Children's Classical/Baroque/Chamber Country Folk Jazz Jewish New Age/Contemporary Jazz Nostalgia/Crooners Popular/Rock/Top 40 Rap/Hip Hop/Reggaetón Reggae/Island/Tropical Rock/Alternative Salsa/Merengue Ska/Reggae Spanish Techno/House/Electronica Vocal/Standards
--Jim Kerr, New York, NY, Q104.3 FM, Morning Radio Host, email@example.com
--Lee Wasserman, Sheepshead Bay, NY, Fun Time USA Marketing Director, LW13@msn.com
--The Deborah Heart and Lung Foundation
Mickey Alvino, Director, New York/New England Region - (718) 631-2984
--Frances Hendy Fashions, Charmain Hendy, CEO, New York, NY - (212) 354-4764
Other Search Terms: DJs in NEW YORK, NEW YORK DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service NY, including: Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Bronx, Staten Island, Newark, Jersey City, Trenton, Jamaica, Flushing, Yonkers, Astoria, Allentown, Paterson, Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Toms River, Stamford, Bethlehem, Waterbury, Elmhurst, Corona, West Chester, Edison, Ridgewood, Elizabeth, Scranton, Woodside, Poughkeepsie, Norwalk, Camden, Union City, Norristown, East Elmhurst, Clifton, Brick, Plainfield, Danbury, Queens Village .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether you’re planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.