Weddings are Richards specialty as well as anniversary partys, class reunions, college and high school dances, fundraising events and live interactive dances. Lighting is available as well as karaoke. We have CD technology as well as computerized mp3 systems for state of the art sound quality. For those outdoor events we also have moonwalkers for rent. We have many DJ's that love to entertain. Our years of experience pays off for you with more dancing and less worry.
"Richard Phillips in NORTHFORD" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
Years of Experience: 34
Richard Phillips has worked as a radio & mobile DJ since 1969. Richard is kept busy on radio here in the New Haven area hosting his 30 year old "Oldies but Goodies" show. He performs with his state of the art sound system at weddings, anniversarys, birthdays, school dances and has been the M.C at many open to the public events such as the Milford Oyster Festival and Barnum Festival as well as M.C for many live stage shows including the Mohegan Sun Casino. A very personable guy Richard aims to please and does. His staff of dedicated DJ's work to make your event a success. Come see Richard at Martys Restaurant Rt 1 Westbrook CT every Wednesday night from 6pm to 9pm throughout the summer. Richard plays the oldies also a classic car show and hula hoop contest for the kids. Also Richard is at the Iron Chef Restaruant in Essex CT every Sunday throughout the summer from 1pm to 4pm with another great classic car cruise and oldies music with contests, trivia and prizes. Ask Richard about his yearly 70's disco parties. Weddings are his specialty! His staff of DJ's has played at every major event in CT including the Barnum Festival, Milford Oyster Festival, Foxwoods Casino Dance Party and so many more venues.
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: Not Defined
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Best Light Show Starting Price: Not Defined
Games, Contests & Prizes Starting Price: Not Defined
Other Search Terms: DJs in NORTHFORD, NORTHFORD DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service CT, including: Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Bronx, Staten Island, Boston, Newark, Jersey City, Trenton, Jamaica, Flushing, Providence, Yonkers, Worcester, Astoria, Schenectady, Paterson, Albany, Springfield, Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Toms River, Stamford, Bethlehem, Manchester, Waterbury, Elmhurst, Lowell, Cambridge, Corona, Edison, Ridgewood, Elizabeth, Brockton, New Bedford, Fall River, Lynn, Woodside, Quincy .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so itís important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether youíre planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.