Disc Jockey Services, Bar/Night Club DJs, Trivia Game Hosts, Karaoke Jocks (KJ), Event Announcers
Laughing Dog Productions, LLC began in late 2003 with one
contract and one karaoke show. More shows soon followed as the
company began to take shape. Scott Colston started the company in the response to working for other companies with less favorable business practices.
Laughing Dog Productions, LLC has a much different philosophy. It focuses on treating clients and contractors with respect. We believe in building long term relationships with both clients and our contractors. We also believe in providing a quality product for a reasonable price.
Now we work over 600 weekly and private events a year and our business continues to grow. With a constant eye on quality, we take only those events which make sense and fit our company. so please book with us early. We look forward to taking care of all the details for you!
"Laughing Dog Productions in STERLING" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
- English- Spanish
Years of Experience: 10
Laughing Dog Productions, LLC focuses on Private events. With more than 250 private events of experience between all its deejays, we can handle all your entertainment needs from holiday parties, karaoke, weddings, to live entertainment.
Give us a call to book your event today!
Our sister company company Metro Entertainment focuses on weekly bar entertainment, thus our pool of operators has a strong portfolio of work, and loads of experience.
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: Not Defined
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Games, Contests & Prizes Starting Price: Not Defined
Karaoke Sing-A-Long Starting Price: Not Defined
Rental Sound System Only Starting Price: Not Defined
Uplighting and Color Light Effects Starting Price: Not Defined
Video Projection System Starting Price: Not Defined
All Party Mix/Variety
Breakers Sky Lounge, Herndon
UpTown Sushi Bar & Grill, Fairfax
PJ Skidoos, Fairfax
We Do Weddings, Woodridge
Clydes in Broadlands
Auld Shebeen, Fairfax
Velocity V, Fairfax
Other Search Terms: DJs in STERLING, STERLING DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service VA, including: Baltimore, Washington, Alexandria, Silver Spring, Arlington, Harrisburg, York, Woodbridge, Lancaster, Hyattsville, Newark, Fairfax, Gaithersburg, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Rockville, Falls Church, Springfield, Charlottesville, Frederick, Columbia, Laurel, Annapolis, Bowie, Hagerstown, Glen Burnie, Bethesda, Herndon, Germantown, Parkville, Upper Marlboro, Ellicott City, Sterling, Waldorf, Centreville, Vienna, Mechanicsburg, Dover, Pasadena, Winchester .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so itís important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether youíre planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.