Disc Jockey Services, Bar/Night Club DJs, Event Announcers
Full music and lighting service.
I bring all of my own equipment, and a wide selection of music.
Digital. I use serato (mp3 software), with turntables, so you'd get that classic look
of a REAL DJ. I normally use two Dual 15'' speakers, very loud @ 600 watts.
Gemini turntables, Club mixer with sound effects, Lighting control, Remote Fog control, and 5 Lighting effects
"DJ Kingpin in SMYRNA" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
Years of Experience: 12
Weddings, Clubs, Lounges, In-store retail events at shopping malls and other retail stores, private parties.. etc.
a list of venues includes:
Conty's Drive in, Bridgeport CT
University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
Club Illusions Jamaica, NY
Carlito's Cafe, New York, NY
Nordstroms, Westchester, NY
Mount Vernon All-Star Cafe, Mt Vernon, NY
Bruno's on the Blvd., Astoria, NY
Jazz on the Park-Hostel, New York City
Other Places Include:
Kings Plaza, brooklyn Brooklyn, ny
Palisades Mall West Nyack, ny
Macy's Bowie, MD
Progressive Lodge, , Mt. Vernon, NY
Marriott, Terrytown, NY
Marriott, Stamford, CT
Elks Lodge, Staten Island, NY
Milford Elks Lodge, Milford, DE
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: $150.00
Basic Lights Starting Price: $50.00
Best Light Show Starting Price: $99.00
Foam Dance Party Starting Price: $40.00
Liability Insurance Starting Price: $125.00
Uplighting and Color Light Effects Starting Price: Not Defined
All Party Mix/Variety Beach/Shag Blues Children's Christian Classical/Baroque/Chamber Country Gospel/Religious Jazz New Age/Contemporary Jazz Nostalgia/Crooners Popular/Rock/Top 40 Rap/Hip Hop/Reggaetón Reggae/Island/Tropical Rock/Alternative Salsa/Merengue Ska/Reggae Spanish Techno/House/Electronica World Beat/International
Testimonials can be found on my website: http://www.popoffproductions.net/testimonials.html
Other Search Terms: DJs in SMYRNA, SMYRNA DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service DE, including: Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Bronx, Baltimore, Washington, Staten Island, Virginia Beach, Richmond, Alexandria, Newark, Silver Spring, Jersey City, Norfolk, Trenton, Wilmington, Jamaica, Flushing, Chesapeake, Reading, Arlington, Newport News, Yonkers, Henrico, Astoria, Harrisburg, York, Allentown, Woodbridge, Lancaster, Hyattsville, Paterson, Hampton, Bridgeport, Newark, Fairfax, New Haven, Toms River, Gaithersburg, Stamford .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether you’re planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.