Loving the music shows in enthusiasm, knowledge and a commitment to make my hosts and guests smile! Available for Mobile DJ, bar night club, trivia, announcing, corporate events, personable, specializing in the music of the 50's 60's and 70's plus the current hits of today and yesterday!
"Fred G. Slabine in WESTBOROUGH" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
Years of Experience: 10
During my years in the Air Force, I broadcast an Oldies show to the troops stationed in Biloxi, Mississippi, and Iceland. Later on, I had my own radio show in Key West, Florida on WKWF. I’ve served as a DJ for the last seven years hosting my “Oldies but Goodies” show on Brookline Access Television, where my loyal audience can listen to me 24-7.
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: $200.00
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Games, Contests & Prizes Starting Price: Not Defined
Liability Insurance Starting Price: Not Defined
All Party Mix/Variety Ballroom Dance Beach/Shag Blues Children's Classical/Baroque/Chamber Country Folk Italian Jazz Jewish New Age/Contemporary Jazz Nostalgia/Crooners Popular/Rock/Top 40 Reggae/Island/Tropical Rock/Alternative Spanish Vocal/Standards
Fred and his wife, Nancy, were very accommodating and helpful in guiding me toward the final selection and format of these songs. Fred is very knowledgeable regarding the history of rock & roll, and can share many interesting facts of hit tunes and lessen known oldies. I would not hesitate to recommend Fred and would love to work with him again.
Brenda Hedden’s Retirement Party Pierce House Lincoln MA
Finally a full-worded Thank You! Guess I was waiting 'till Christmas this year, but I hadn't forgotten! My Christmas newsletter this year stated that " Jane worked on party preparations for her birthday celebration of a 50's DJ Dance party" I Worded it in my paragraph : "A highlight was Jane's 50th Birthday party: wearing saddle shoes & dancing to 50's music by a DJ, joyfully shared with friends & family!!!" I really did appreciate your patience in my date selection and working with me. I also enjoyed you relating to my guests by asking trivia questions and making the 50's theme fun in "word" and "deed"= dancing. It was nice for your wife, Nancy, to be involved and for her help. Thanks again for all do and I'm so pleased that I had you DJ for my "Oldies but Goodies" Birthday party celebration! I give you permission to use my comments of appreciation for your web site.
God Bless you & Merry Christmas, Mrs. Jane Jassmond
Comments from the Hull High School 50th Reunion
“You were great! I loved the trivia!” “The music was perfect for dinner and dancing.” “Our class is celebrating our 50th next year, and we want you for our reunion too.” “How did you get all that information about the top records and what was going on in the world when we were still in school? It really brought back a lot of fond memories.” “We appreciated your assistance in planning the evening’s events and being flexible as the night progressed.” “We had a terrific time. Thank you so very much!”
Thank you so much, EVERYBODY had a great time! You are so accommodating and had some great ideas about planning the party, thank you!
Fred did a wonderful job doing the MC/Music/Trivia at our home. All of our guests enjoyed the show. He was professional , fun and entertaining. Having him at our party made it easy for us to enjoy time with our guests. We happily recommend Fred and Those Oldies but Goodies to anyone considering hiring him. Thank you Fred! Lisa and George Tuccelli
“Fred creates such a fun and lively event. All my friends had a great time listening to the Oldies, dancing to the slow and romantic songs, and twisting and strolling. It brought back lots of great memories. As one of my friends said, ‘Just listening to this music puts me in a good mood.’ I received a lot of compliments, and we had a special time too. Once the party started, it was all in Fred’s hands. We had very little to do except dance, eat, and socialize with our guests."
Roberta and Elliot Schultz
Other Search Terms: DJs in WESTBOROUGH, WESTBOROUGH DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service MA, including: Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Bronx, Baltimore, Rochester, Staten Island, Boston, Newark, Jersey City, Syracuse, Trenton, Wilmington, Jamaica, Flushing, Providence, Reading, Yonkers, Worcester, Astoria, Schenectady, Harrisburg, York, Allentown, Lancaster, Paterson, Albany, Springfield, Bridgeport, Newark, New Haven, Hartford, Toms River, Stamford, Bethlehem, Manchester, Waterbury, Elmhurst, Lowell, Cambridge .
Feel the Love
Feeling the love at a second wedding celebration.
Those Oldies But Goodies
Those Oldies But Goodies were hired for a 60th birthday party in central Florida. Great people, great music and lots of Fun! Fun! Fun!
FR John Kelley's 50'th Anniversary
Fr Kelley's 50th anniversary celebration with 400 guests, hired Fred G Slabine's Those Oldies But Goodies DJ/MS Entertainment
Those Oldies But Goodies
Why you should hire Fred G. Slabine's Those Oldies But Goodies DJ/MC Entertainment
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether you’re planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.