Disc Jockey Services, Bar/Night Club DJs, Video Jocks (VJ), Karaoke Jocks (KJ), Event Announcers
State of the art sound systems, amazing dance floor light shows, big screen music videos/slide family slide show, and over 40,000 Karaoke selections. If you want the best dance party in town, give us a call. Hip Hop, Beach, Latin, Top 40, Rock, Rap, Country, and much more. We specialize in weddings and Proms!! AMAZING!!! Give us a Call!! 336-775-1606
"First Call DJ in WINSTON SALEM" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
First Call has serviced the Triad since 2004
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: Not Defined
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Best Light Show Starting Price: Not Defined
Foam Dance Party Starting Price: Not Defined
Games, Contests & Prizes Starting Price: Not Defined
Karaoke Sing-A-Long Starting Price: Not Defined
Liability Insurance Starting Price: Not Defined
Video Projection System Starting Price: Not Defined
" Thanks for the awesome job at our halloween party!"................ B.
We just wanted to say thank you again for a wonderful job this weekend!! You helped make our day very special!! You did a great job with the ceremony!! You did a great job handling a medical emergency too!!! We couldn't have asked for a better time!! Thank you so much!!! We will be great advertising!!! We would be glad to give references too!!
Thank you again!!"
Cheryl and Brian Reinhart!! Email email@example.com
"It's been over a month since the wedding, and people are STILL telling us how great the DJ was. We asked for a 70's/80's dance party, and we got it - big time. I'm pretty proud of the fact that we had people on that dance floor the entire evening...and it was a long reception. I know that a DJ can make or break a wedding. And on the music front - we nailed it. Folks have told me that in no uncertain terms. Thanks so much for helping us get our groove on!"
- Jenn (Grady) Dorsey
"Joel, you're our best DJ to date! Thanks again for helping to make our holiday event a success! Just think - we changed the date of our 2006 Holiday Party to accommodate your schedule!!"
Joan Taylor, State Employees Credit Union
"Our guests said this was the best DJ they had ever experienced. We have several weddings in our families in the years to come and you are our first thought! From the planning to the night of our wedding, we enjoyed Joel's professional appearance, attitude, courtesy, and most of all, his work! We would COMPLETELY recommend First Call DJ to ANYONE! Thanks again for all the great laughs and memories! Our guests loved the walla balla and the chicken dance!"
Mr. and Mrs. McCullough
"Everyone had a great time - the music
was perfect- always played our requests. Kept the party going. Thank you."
"We were very pleased with your selection of songs. Everyone had fun and the dance floor was active all night."
"That was the best party we've ever had" – Sara Lee Corp. guest.
"Fantastic job Joel, we'll be in touch" - Bill Price, Sara Lee
"You were very professional, friendly, detail oriented and truly a pleasure to work with. You did everything you said and more. You were the life of the party. My husband and I were very impressed with the huge selection of music you had and the top quality equipment you used. Oh and by the way, several of our female guests commented that you were pretty easy on the eyes too... Please use me as a reference - ANYTIME!
"I have dealt with a lot of DJs during my employment at this housing center, and Joel has consistently been the best person for the job. We have lots of compliments after every party. Thanks DJ Jay!"
D I wanted to say thank you again for DJ’ing our event last week. I had so many compliments on how great the DJ was - it was awesome!!! Our group is one that sees DJ’s every weekend and they absolutely loved it. We appreciated your making the extra effort for the karaoke, lights, etc. Julie Lee, Events Manager, Raleigh Crabtree Marriott
"Wow...you are the man. We had a great time. Thanks".....................J Lovette
Killer show......................C. Stevens, Ri'Ra's
No Post Found
Wedding Ceremony Only
Wedding Ceremony & Reception
Renewal of Vows Reception
Renewal of Vows Ceremony Only
Renewal of Vows Ceremony & Reception
Rehearsal Dinner Entertainment
Arena / Stadium Event
Auto Dealer Sale
Grand Opening Event
Karaoke Sing-off Challenge Event
Retail Store / Special Sale
Team Building Event
Private / Family Function
4th of July
Bar Mitzvah (With Dancers and Prizes)
Bar Mitzvah (Simple)
Bat Mitzvah (Simple)
Block Party Night At The Movies
Cinco De Mayo
Going Away Party
Halloween Costume Party
New Year's Eve Party
Quinceanera Party (Hispanic Sweet 15)
Sock Hop (50's & 60's Oldies)
Sweet 16 Party
Welcome Home Party
School / College Event
8th Grade Dance
Arena / Stadium Event
Elementary School Dance
End of The Year Dance
Fraternity Formal / Party
Fund Raising Event
Junior Senior Ball
Junior Senior Prom
Organizational Dance / Event
Saddie Hawkins Dance
Sorority Formal / Party
Video Dance Party
Religious / Ethnic / Holiday Celebrations
Bat Mitzvah (Video Screen Plus Dancers and Prizes)
Bat Mitzvah (Only Video Dance Party)
Bar Mitzvah (Only Video Dance Party)
Bar Mitzvah (Video Screen Plus Dancers and Prizes)
Other Search Terms: DJs in WINSTON SALEM, WINSTON SALEM DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service NC, including: Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Durham, Roanoke, High Point, Gastonia, Rock Hill, Cary, Chapel Hill, Hickory, Concord, Salisbury, Lexington, Burlington, Danville, Statesville, Monroe, Morganton, Sanford, Matthews, Shelby, Asheboro, Blacksburg, Lenoir, Apex, Lancaster, Kannapolis, Mooresville, Thomasville, Kernersville, Reidsville, Mount Airy, Salem, Lincolnton, Martinsville, Fort Bragg, Fort Mill, Garner .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether you’re planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.