Serving St. Louis and its surrounding suburbs, we specialize in Wedding Receptions, Corporate Parties, Anniversary Parties, Birthday Parties, Nightclubs, School Functions, and Boat Parties.
"DJ Mario McQuay in ST. LOUIS" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
I have provided professional DJ services for over 17 years. Two of my greatest assets as a DJ is that I have a natural talent for ďreadingĒ the crowd and I have a vast knowledge of various music styles. My specialties include: dance/club music mixing, 70ís disco, 80ís dance/pop, 90ís dance/pop, R&B, and oldies from the 50ís - 60ís.
1986-1992 Deejay/President, McQuay Entertainment
In building my own DJ service, I was able to corner a major part of the college market. My clients included various fraternities and sororities from Northwestern, Northeastern, Chicago State, and DePaul University. Through hard work and dedication, my DJ service became one of the most sought after services in the college market.
1992-1993 Deejay, Coconuts Night Club
In working in a nightclub for the first time, I provided continuous dance music mixes
every Friday night. My knowledge of music programming allowed me to control the
crowd, thus, making sure that Coconutsí customers had a good time every Friday night.
1994-1995 Deejay, A Solid Gold Disc Jockey Service In working with Solid Gold, I quickly learned how to play music for Solid Goldís wide variety of customers. I capitalized in the opportunity to spin for various wedding
receptions, bar mitzvahs, high school dances, corporate parties, etc. I became one of the companiesí most popular deejays within a four month period.
1995-1998 Deejay, Musitrax Disc Jockey Service
In working with Musitrax, I had become one of their top deejays within a short amount of time. I provided customer service and sales during the business day, and I provided music for various events during the weekend.
1998-1999 Deejay, SpinniníDiscs Mobile DJ Service
At Spinniní Discs, I was one of the most experienced DJís on a roster of 15 others. During my time with Spinniní Discs, I was very successful in bringing repeat business to the company. Many clients specifically requested to have me DJ their event.
1999-2001 Deejay, General Manager, Tic Toc Entertainment, Inc.
In the short amount of time since our company became incorporated in the State of Illinois on October 19, 1999, our DJ service has provided music for Lord & Taylor, Kohlís Department Store, Riva Restaurant at Navy Pier (Chicago), and a popular sports bar on the North Side of Chicago called Sidelines.
2001 - Present Deejay, General Manager, SoundFuzion Entertainment
-Turntables: Technique 1200ís.
-CD Format: Denon 2000F, Denon Mark II, Pioneer 500, Pioneer 500II, Numark CDN 34, Numark Axis 8.
-Lighting: 5 and 10 foot truss set up/operation.
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: Not Defined
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Best Light Show Starting Price: Not Defined
Video Projection System Starting Price: Not Defined
KC - Spinnin Discs - 847-818-8330
AL Mooshy - MixItEntertainment - 773-622-1017
Greg Crook - Tic Toc Entertainment - 773-764-8820
Other Search Terms: DJs in ST. LOUIS, ST. LOUIS DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service MO, including: Chicago, Saint Louis, Indianapolis, Memphis, Louisville, Kansas City, Nashville, Des Moines, Little Rock, Springfield, Rockford, Evansville, Topeka, Aurora, Kansas City, Overland Park, Naperville, Peoria, Springfield, Joliet, Cedar Rapids, Saint Charles, Schaumburg, Independence, Clarksville, Columbia, Florissant, Murfreesboro, Bloomington, Gary, Elgin, Davenport, Olathe, Waukegan, Muncie, Decatur, Ballwin, Terre Haute, Des Plaines, Lawrence .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so itís important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether youíre planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.