Not your traditional, typical DJ, we are urban groove specialist. Our Disc Jockey's spin the hottest hits of HIP HOP, R&B, REGGAE/DANCEHALL, TOP 40, OLDIES AND MORE!
All of our DJ’s have over 10 years of experience. We’ve worked for radio stations, nightclubs, & numerous private events, as well as sponsored events of our own. We provide professional audio equipment from top name brands such as JBL, Crown and Mackie systems. We also have dance lighting, fog and bubble machines that can turn any event into a fun-filled high energy atmosphere!
We are a Mobile Disc Jockey service specializing in weddings, private parties and nightclub DJ’s. We believe in quality and providing our clients with complete satisfaction. No matter the size or budget of your event, we can customize a package that’s just right for you!
"SOS Entertainment in KANSAS CITY" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
Years of Experience: 10
DJ SHA BLESS started out as an emcee back in high school in Roosevelt NY then went on to DJaying in SUNY College at Old Westbury. Spinning mostly Hip Hop and Reggae, she soon changed formats once she discovered the magic of HOUSE music. Since then she couldn't keep her hands off of the mix.
Sha Bless has written and produced hip hop tracks for a New York Based group KWU (Knowledge, Wisdom & Understanding) that is on the net at www.mp3.com/kwu. She has also produced a series of Techno Tracks called “Activate” that is available via internet @ www.mp3.com/soundsofsheba. She is also featured on Kansas City’s own SAHJKAYA's upcoming album “Divine Intervention”.
DJ Sha Bless now owns and operates her own mobile DJ service called SOS Entertainment here in the metropolitan Kansas City area.
Additional Sound System - Starting Price: Not Defined
Basic Lights Starting Price: Not Defined
Best Light Show Starting Price: Not Defined
Games, Contests & Prizes Starting Price: Not Defined
Jazz New Age/Contemporary Jazz Popular/Rock/Top 40 Rap/Hip Hop/Reggaetón Reggae/Island/Tropical Ska/Reggae Techno/House/Electronica
Other Search Terms: DJs in KANSAS CITY, KANSAS CITY DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service MO, including: Kansas City, Topeka, Kansas City, Overland Park, Independence, Olathe, Lawrence, Saint Joseph, Lees Summit, Shawnee, Blue Springs, Lenexa, Leavenworth, Liberty, Leawood, Sedalia, Mission, Emporia, Belton, Grandview, Warrensburg, Prairie Village, Excelsior Springs, Marshall, Ottawa, Maryville, Harrisonville, Atchison, Nevada, Clinton, Raymore, Fort Scott, Chillicothe, Paola, Gardner, Boonville, Cameron, Pleasant Hill, Kearney, Bonner Springs .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether you’re planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.