I have 2 complete sets of equipment to handle big & small parties. I use professional grade Crate amps and speakers. Denon and American Audio dual cd players. I have various professional lighting effects from American DJ, Chauvet and others. Some lights are mounted on tripods, others sit on the floor. The sound system and lights that I set up depend on the size of the venue, the size of the crowd and the space I have available to work with.
I carry in about 1200 cds with over 10,000 titles available in different genres ranging from the big band era right through todays hits.
"KC in LUCASVILLE" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
Years of Experience: 20+
I have been a full time professional radio personality for over 25 years. In my radio career I have worked many different music formats serving as production director, music director, program director and operations manager at various stations. I am currently the Morning personality and production director at 100,000 watt WPAY-FM in Portsmouth, Oh. In addition to my radio work, I've owned a mobile music business for over 20 years. During my career as a mobile music personality, I've worked about every kind of event imaginable from birthday parties to car shows to company parties to hog roasts to school dances to proms to weddings and everything in between. I work on two very simple theories. First, it's your event, let me know what you what direction you want it to go and I'll take it there. Second, let's have fun! In conclusion, I'll remind you of the old adage. If you want the job done right, hire a professional.
All Party Mix/Variety
1. Dennis Evans, Asst Principal Minford Middle School 740-820-4130 (School Dances)
2. Brent Montgomery 740-820-4669 (Wedding)
3. Rhonda Ballengee, Owner Valley Florist, Bridal & Event Planning 740-776-0777 (Parties & Weddings)
4. Angela Henson, New Boston Schools firstname.lastname@example.org (Prom)
5. Scott & Kristi Warnock 740-574-4305 (Wedding)
6. Nancy Bays Star Workshop 740-354-1517 (Parties & Wedding)
7. Dave Jenkins 740-353-8999 (Class Reunion)
8. Ann Myers Childers Music Center 740-353-4141 (Wedding)
9. George Welty 740-354-2893 (Car Show)
10. Henry Oberling III Oberling Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Yamaha 740-353-3136 (Company Party)
11. Janelle Seaman Activities Director Edgewood Manor 740-259-2351 (Parties & Weddings)
Other Search Terms: DJs in LUCASVILLE, LUCASVILLE DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service OH, including: Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Charleston, Hamilton, Springfield, Huntington, Middletown, Westerville, Newark, Lancaster, Zanesville, Chillicothe, Dublin, Parkersburg, Hilliard, Grove City, Reynoldsburg, Loveland, Fairfield, West Chester, Covington, Florence, Ashland, Fairborn, Fort Mitchell, Delaware, Newport, Xenia, Mason, Winchester, Troy, Miamisburg, Athens, Portsmouth, Lebanon, Milford, Georgetown, Franklin, Marietta .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so itís important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether youíre planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.