Originally called Cue’s Record Pool founded in 1995.
Merge November of 2000 with Four Star Productions to better serve the existing DJ’s for Marketing & Street Promotional capabilities. Since pool has merged we have expanded the amount of labels we are serviced by plus our DJ’s cover a larger area in club market! The Owner/Director Timothy Butler has been in the music industry since 1983 where he has worked at Wild94.9FM and KSOL107.7 in his time as a power mixer! He is still very active spinning / DJ music in clubs in greater bay area!
Record Labels who service 4 Star at present time
Are as follows: Alpine, Antra, Atlantic, Arista, Blackground, Bullpen, Columbia, Death Row, Epic, Elektra, Interscope, J Records, Jive, Loud, MCA, Priority, Overcore, Rawkus, RCA, Sick Wid It, Slip N Slide, TVT, Tommy Boy, Universal, Warner Bros, Wing Span. The working on some more right now!
Other Services offered by 4 Star
Not only do we service a record pool! We have a professional staff of DJ’s who we refer parties to! The owner sometimes has so many Mobile gigs that he’s left no choice but to sub-contract parties to members in the record pool! Also have a Marketing & Street team in place to assist Artist in visibility and music awareness to club, college radio, and commercial radio markets!
"Dj Jazzy T in ANTIOCH" Audience Participation Level
> Low-Key/Formal - Very Little Audience Participation > Moderate Interaction - Medium Audience Participation > High Energy - Lots of Audience Participation
Since 1983 Club's worked
Silks ( Emeryville )
The Palladium ( San Francisco )
Jeffrey's Inner Circle ( Dtwn Oakland )
Sweet Jimmies ( Dtwn Oakland )
Cue's Lounge ( Jack London Sq/Oakland)
Kimball's Carnival ( Jack London sq / Oak)
Russell Gatewood / Universal Music Group
D-Funk / Def Jam Records
" Sweets & Jimmie / Sweet Jimmie's Club
Bill Gaines / Coliseum Lexus
Other Search Terms: DJs in ANTIOCH, ANTIOCH DJ, DJs in , Disc Jockeys that service CA, including: San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, Oakland, Stockton, Modesto, Fremont, Santa Rosa, Salinas, Hayward, Vallejo, Sunnyvale, San Mateo, Concord, Daly City, Berkeley, Redwood City, Santa Clara, San Leandro, Vacaville, Santa Cruz, Antioch, Napa, Palo Alto, Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, Walnut Creek, Merced, Richmond, Roseville, Watsonville, Pittsburg, Fairfield, Livermore, Mountain View, Alameda, Tracy, San Rafael, Davis, Lodi .
Top Five Qualities to Look For in a Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider.
Your wedding DJ is responsible for most, if not all of the entertainment at your wedding reception, so it’s important you hire no one but the best. No matter where you live, there are talented DJs available when you need them at a price point you can afford. On top of recommendations from your peers, an online search of reputable agencies will provide you with a host of terrific DJs to consider. Pick at least two of them to interview and carefully consider each of these five qualities to help you find the best fit for your wedding:
1. Personality – Within a few short minutes, you should be able to gage whether or not the DJ has a personality you can work well with. Are they affable? Upbeat? Witty? Humorous? Do they sustain good eye contact and speak clearly? Do they make you feel at ease? Do they seem genuinely interested in your wedding reception and eager to learn as much about you and your guests as possible? If they make you uncomfortable in any way during the interview, chances are they will do the same for your guests, so don’t be afraid to follow your instincts on this one.
2. Knowledge – You’ll know right away that a DJ is knowledgeable when they can quickly name the title and artist of that hit song that you only know a few words to. In addition, they should be able to tell you in depth about all of their equipment from the wattage of their speakers to why they chose to work with one brand of mp3 player over another, or how a certain program on their laptop is perfect for beat matching and syncing, etc.
3. Reliability – All good DJs will provide you with a list of past clients upon your request. After you’ve obtained a list, call a few of them and ask about the DJs reliability. Were they punctual? Did they come prepared with all the right equipment and back up equipment in case of emergencies? Did they follow through on all of their promises and play all of their client’s requests?
4. Adaptability – You want a DJ that will listen to your needs, make note of all of your requests, and offer up ideas of their own that they feel will enhance the overall entertainment value. Contacting past clients and asking them if the DJ was able to adapt quickly to the crowd and the energy in the room will help you analyze this quality further.
5. Special Skills – Do a large number of your guests speak a language other than English? If so, hiring a bilingual DJ might be a wise decision. Will you want a colorful light show to heighten the overall visual experience? There are DJs available who can provide LED lighting systems, mirror balls, etc., upon request. Are there any ‘out of the ordinary’ activities you require your DJ to emcee?
Keeping these qualities in mind during the wedding coordinating process will ensure you hire the best wedding disc jockey available!
Hiring a professional DJ can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your event. Whether you’re planning your wedding, coordinating a school or corporate event, or just throwing a good old-fashioned party, you want to hire a DJ that will provide you with the best entertainment value to fit your needs.
Wedding DJ pricing. So, how much does a wedding DJ cost? This depends on how comfortable you are with the lighting, experience, equipment, music, and fun options. You should try unique things because your wedding is far from ordinary. This does not mean you need to break the bank with wedding DJ prices, but see what options are really worth the cost.