We found this article online that asked many of the questions we suggest our customers to ask prospective djs. These question can help you to understand the level of professionalism and how easy the DJ will be to work with. Please see if you agree with these questions, and leave a comment below if would change anything on this list.
Here are 16 questions you might want to keep in mind when interviewing your wedding DJ: (Source: Brideways.com)
- How long have you been a DJ (click here – for New York DJs) and how many weddings have you done?
- Will you have multiple gigs on my wedding day?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Have you played at the reception site already?
- Will you serve as an emcee during the reception?
- Can I provide you with list of “Do Not Play” songs?
- Do you take requests from guests?
- How often do you take breaks?
- Do you bring all of your own sound, wiring and lighting equipment?
- What will you wear at the wedding?
- Do you have any references?
- Are you insured?
- What is the back up plan if you are ill or there is an emergency on my wedding day?
- What is the deposit required to reserve you for my wedding date?
- When is the final balance due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Being informed and having good communication with your wedding dj (click here for our national DJ services) ahead of time can save you a lot of headaches and worries. We would love to hear from you.